companion blog to the e-book the 24/7 Low Carb Diner

Companion blog to the e-book
Available at http://www.247lowcarbdiner.com

Friday, June 30, 2017

Summer Cool! Zoodle Cup Salad with Peanut Dressing


The temperatures are soaring outside. I hope they are not just as hot in your kitchen! I hate standing over the stove in the summer. I and refuse to even turn on the oven after noon. So I have lots of creative ways to make healthy meals that don't require the sweat of my brow.

Salads, of course, are a go to for the warm months. Lighter fare is appreciated. We have to watch though, to keep them healthy. What's more, we need to think beyond lettuce. My Chopped Salad In A Cup has been shared more times that any other recipe. Cups are a fun way to eat on the run. I happen to save these cups after being served from our hospitality area at church. I generally use them several times before I dispose of them. Warning: I am not sure if they go through the dishwasher. I happen to be one of those who wash dishes by hand. My dishwasher is basically a storage area for all those extra plates and bowls I can't help but collect! My guilty obsession. Don't judge me. Tiny kitchen yet enough plates to feed an army.

But back to summer food. I have an entire issue of the Diner News dedicated to meals that are cool to eat and easy to prepare in the heat. You should check it out.  http://www.247lowcarbdiner.com/html/newsletter.html

I happen to be a huge fan of this salad dressing. I went ahead and drizzled it on top because this salad should be eaten fairly soon after making. Zoodles are better fresh. It will not hurt them for the dressing to seep down, but I wouldn't suggest making this one a day or two ahead. But do make it! So delish.

Zoodle Cup Salad with Peanut Dressing

This salad is  a take-off of my popular Chopped Salad in a Cup. The ingredients are layered into a clear plastic beverage cup, topped with a lid, and then packed to travel.  If you would like to pack a salad in a jar, simply double the recipe and have a more substantial salad meal.


1 tbsp crunchy peanut butter
1 tbsp  lime juice or 1 packet True Lime
2 tsp Bragg’s Liquid Aminos or soy sauce
1 tsp Sambal Oelek or hot sauce
2 cups  spiral sliced zucchini
3 tbsp chopped cilantro
3 oz  cooked, diced chicken or salmon

In a small bowl, combine peanut butter, Bragg’s Aminos, lime and Sambal Oelek.

Spiral cut the appropriate amount of zucchini. Dice the cilantro.

In the base of the cup, add 1/2 of the zoodles. Drizzle with a fourth of the dressing. Add 1 oz chicken and top with cilantro. Add remaining zoodles and top with chicken and cilantro. Pour the remaining dressing over . Place lid on the cup and chill.

Serves 1:  237 calories   10 net g carb




Now check out the rest of the amazing warm weather meals and treats I have featured this month. You will want this issue!

Miso Ginger Salmon Salad

Barbecue Chicken Skewers

Lemon Blueberry Salmon Salad

Calorie Burn Frozen Arnold

Chocolate Dipped Strawberry Shake

Jerk Chicken Marinade
Crazy Chocolate Mint Shake

Lemon Sugarfree Sherbet

Masa Wraps

Tropicana Pulled Pork Soft Tacos

Steak Fajita Bowl

Summer Sausage Salad

 Just by using your grill for some meals, your freezer for others, you will keep your cool this summer. If you want the recipes for all you see above, be sure to order the Diner News. Just $6 for a year subscription. http://www.247lowcarbdiner.com/html/newsletter.html


Love the recipes I share on this blog? My ebook helps you plan and prep to stay healthy 24/7.   http://www.247lowcarbdiner.com

Get more great recipes at the Low Carbing Among Friends Facebook Page:               https://www.facebook.com/LowCarbingAmongFriends

Order our books at: 


No comments: