companion blog to the e-book the 24/7 Low Carb Diner

Companion blog to the e-book
Available at http://www.247lowcarbdiner.com

Saturday, May 14, 2016

Chorizo Stuffed Mini Bell Peppers





These little jewels make me happy. So very yummy. Fun to eat. Not hard to make.




I have had a whirlwind of a week! Busy every night this week. Prom, plays, and dinners with friends. What a time. This is the last week of the school year, so things may slow down a bit, although I am planning for summer school already. Next year too. I have some things in the works for my diabetic cookbook too. Some healthcare events around my little part of the world. More to come there. Promises to be a good blogger were futile.  I tried a couple of recipes to share here on the blog this week. Ugh. No success. No big smiles when I tried to roast baby zucchini. I had such high hopes. Some weeks go like that.



Now back to these peppers. Again, I used the chorizo from Aldi. It is quite good and lower carb than some that I have found in other stores. I used the mild for the hubby. Great price too. I hope they keep it. I hate when things go away at Aldi.  I did see that coconut oil cooking spray was back after being gone for months. Grr. Just ordered MCT oil for my oil mister. 

Chorizo lends a sophisticated flavor--not hot, and nothing like traditional sausage. I still think it is tricky to cook. I tend to just watch ground meats for color and not watch time. That is difficult when the sausage is already the reddish brown color from the spices. Not much color change. You should probably be more careful than I am. I usually try to do too many things at once--cook, sweep, let dogs in and out, talk on the phone, etc. Maybe that is why we like things a little more well done than families with a really devoted cook. Perhaps I have over cooked a few things...but at least I have never given us food poisoning.  I am a creative genius, but certainly not a perfectionist. I could never be a cake decorator. Nor a brain surgeon. For me, messy is just as good. These will make your fingers just a little messy when you eat them. I noticed at lunch that my nails still had a bit of an orange tint. Yes I did use my fingers to stuff the mixture into the peppers. If you want neat fingers, use a spoon.


My sweet mama and wonderful middle son both shared these this morning. Thumbs up from all.

Chorizo Stuffed Mini Bell Peppers

6 oz fresh chorizo (not the cured Spanish style)
2 eggs
2 oz neufchatel cheese
12-18 mini bell peppers

Cut the chorizo from one tube. Reserve the remaining tube for another recipe. Brown in a skillet, crumbling as the meat cooks. While meat is cooking, slice the top third off peppers, creating a boat shape. Finely chop the tops and add them to the chorizo. When sausage is firm, add lightly beaten eggs. When eggs are just set, add neufchatel cheese and stir until melted in. Scoop the meat mixture into the hollow of the peppers. Smooth with the back of a spoon. Bake at 350 degrees for 15 minutes.

Serves 4:   244 calories  6 net g carbs (8 total)


These would be excellent party food too. I do love mini bell peppers for parties! Parties this time of year! I have three next weekend. Is life this busy for you?



Get more great recipes at the Low Carbing Among Friends Facebook Page:               https://www.facebook.com/LowCarbingAmongFriends

 Order any of our great cookbooks at  http://amongfriends.us/24-7-LCD.php

Order my original e-book or the latest version for couples and singles,  A Table for Two here

1 comment:

Blogger said...

3 Studies SHOW How Coconut Oil Kills Waist Fat.

This means that you actually burn fat by eating Coconut Fat (including coconut milk, coconut cream and coconut oil).

These 3 researches from major medicinal journals are sure to turn the traditional nutrition world upside down!