companion blog to the e-book the 24/7 Low Carb Diner

Companion blog to the e-book
Available at http://www.247lowcarbdiner.com

Sunday, October 5, 2014

Salted Caramel Pumpkin Cheesecake Shots

So it is fall. Yippee, my favorite time of the year! It is about time I came up with a new fall recipe.
Pumpkin. Oh yeah.
Salted caramel. Yes.
Cheesecake?  You bet!
Easy. Of course.

What I love most is the no bake part. No, I think I love the taste the most. You try it and decide. Now I did use a couple of specialty products here. One reason is that I simply don't have tons of time in the kitchen these days. So you can make some substitutions, or you can make sure you have these two products on hand.

1. Walden Farms Caramel Dip. You could make your own, but that can be a tad complicated. This works. It is super sweet to me, so I cut back on the sweetener in the cheesecake portion.

2. Gingerbread flavored sugar free syrup. Mine happens to be Jordan's Skinny Syrups. You can use any brand you can find--Da Vinci for example. It doesn't have to be gingerbread flavor, but that certainly was nice. It makes the almonds taste like a crunched up cookie.

These are dessert shots. Very rich and no big portions. Just enough to satisfy a sweet tooth.

Salted Caramel Pumpkin Cheesecake Shots

4 oz neufchatel cheese, softened
1/2 cup pumpkin puree
2 tbsp erythritol blend
1/2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
3 tbsp almond meal
1 tbsp sugarfree Gingerbread syrup
4 tbsp Walden Farms Caramel Dip
pinch Kosher salt

Combine neufchatel cheese and pumpkin puree. Stir in erythritol blend and pumpkin pie spice. Mix with hand blender until smooth. In a small bowl, combine almond meal and gingerbread syrup. Spread onto a cookie sheet and toast for about 5 minutes until browned and lightly crisp. (I used my toaster oven at about 350.)

Divide the almond crumbs among the bottoms of 4 small dessert cups or shot glasses. If using narrow shot glasses, transfer the pumpkin cheesecake mixture into a sandwich bag. Snip the end and fill the glasses half way with the cheesecake. Spoon about 1 1/2 tsp of caramel sauce over the cheesecake. Use the remaining cheesecake mixture to fill the glasses, reserving enough for a decorative dollop for each. Top with additional caramel dip and sprinkle with a very tiny pinch of kosher salt. Add the decorative dollop of pumpkin mixture. Chill and serve.

Serves 4:     110 calories   4 net carbs    9 g fat

You might want to top these mini desserts with whipped cream, but I didn't have any. If I was making them for a festive meal, I would definitely do that. These are good enough for company, I'd say. Hubby liked them and he is not a huge pumpkin pie guy. I still have a lot of the caramel dip. It is not as sticky and gooey as the full sugar variety, but the taste is better than I expected. It definitely lends a great flavor to this dessert.


Get more great recipes at the Low Carbing Among Friends Facebook Page:               https://www.facebook.com/LowCarbingAmongFriends

 Order any of our great cookbooks at  http://amongfriends.us/24-7-LCD.php

Order my original e-book or the latest version for couples and singles, 
A Table for Two here.

6 comments:

Retta said...

Thanks for the "review" of Waldens Caremel Dip. I never would have bought it otherwise. Years ago I tried almost every one of their salad dressings. Yuk, with a capitol Y. So I'll try this, cuz this recipe sounds delish.

I was planning to tell you just today that I've been using your recipe for Chocolate Frosting Shots a LOT lately. I even started changing the flavor. Like today I used low carb apricot jam and apricot Cappella drops to make an apricot version.

I had extensive dental surgery 2 months ago; then complications, with another surgery due. Bottomline: no "teeth" until the first of the year. It's been a challenge to get nutrition in. So you see why I've been using the Shots recipe. Don't need to chew it, ha ha!

And I'm also looking forward to trying the Broccoli Cheese and Chicken soup from your latest newsletter. Yum!

Anonymous said...

Hi Lisa,
We would like to share your blog's recipes on EveryRecipe Australia (www.everyrecipe.com.au).

Adding your blog will make your content available to our users and send you additional traffic. To have a better visibility and compare the number of visits of your blog with other popular Australian sites, install the myTaste widget.

You can add your blog from the main page in the Top Blogs section (Food blogger? Join!).

Hope to see you soon on EveryRecipe,
EveryRecipe Australia

Amber said...

Lisa, this recipe looks amazing. Well, most of your recipes look amazing...LOL...I've tried several, and I will be trying this one as well. I'm not in a great situation right now, but after the first of the year things should be much better and I will be buying your cookbook as well as the rest of the LCAF cookbooks (I have the first 2). Thank you so much for all you do and for sharing such wonderful recipes with all of us :)

KellyG said...

Hi, I really love your recipes! and I hope in the future you will have a low carb chocolate or blueberry turnover recipe and a low carb strudel recipe

MB said...

Is cream cheese ok to use instead??

Lisa Marshall said...

Mary B-- Certainly. Cream cheese is just fine!