companion blog to the e-book the 24/7 Low Carb Diner

Companion blog to the e-book
Available at http://www.247lowcarbdiner.com

Thursday, May 24, 2012

Among Friends Thursday--Carolyn's Lemon Tarragon Chicken Noodle Soup

Carolyn and I think alike when it comes to chicken soup.  Chicken and tarragon are a favorite pairing for me. I also really like chicken and celery soup. Remember this? Carolyn added some shirataki noodles too. I had never tried them in soup, but they are pretty good. Just be sure to rinse them, then cut them with kitchen shears while still in a bowl. That keeps you from having unruly noodles jumping off your spoon and spilling the hot broth on your lap. I used the plain variety of noodles and omitted the carrots so my recipe has even fewer carbs per serving than Carolyn's. Maybe not as pretty, but I don't generally keep carrots on hand.

I didn't have any pre-cooked chicken cubes on hand today, so I boiled the chicken in the broth. Either way works fine, depending on what you have. I love recipes like that.

This soup is light and lemony--perfect for early summer. I had to use dried tarragon because mine in my pot never came back. Sad--almost as sad as the fact that I discovered yesterday that some critter ate my lettuce right out of the elevated container. There one day,  gone down to the stalk the next. Aargh. If we had to survive on what I  managed to gather from the garden, we would surely starve.

Ready to give this recipe a go? It is on page 161 of Low Carbing Among Friends.

1 comment:

Dave said...

Definitely going to give this a try. Actually that is a lie, but I will eat it if it is made for me ;)