companion blog to the e-book the 24/7 Low Carb Diner

Companion blog to the e-book
Available at http://www.247lowcarbdiner.com

Friday, July 2, 2010

Patriotic Muffins


I made coconut flour mini muffins this morning with a patriotic twist. These are filled with blueberries and strawberries. I just used the recipe from the e-book for Citrus-c Muffins, but ommitted the juices. Instead, I added a handful of berries. Whole fresh blueberries and chopped strawberries. The photo doesn't do them justice. They are pretty, especially with my junk store find retro coffee cup. I spray painted the base of the cup last night. When I purchased it, the color was avocado green. As much as I love retro, I just don't care for that color. I love the design, and love the red.

These are dense muffins-as most coconut flour breads are. I prefer mini muffins for these recipes. A little coconut is quite filling.

2 comments:

Joan said...

Lisa, do things made with coconut flour freeze pretty well, at least for a couple months? Thank you!

Lisa Marshall said...

I think they do--I seldom freeze them though, as we usually just eat them up.