companion blog to the e-book the 24/7 Low Carb Diner

Companion blog to the e-book
Available at http://www.247lowcarbdiner.com

Friday, March 26, 2010

Tuna Bento


What a wonderful spring day it has been here. I packed up a nice bento lunch to take to my school co-op today. I was in the mood for something light, so I grabbed a can of tuna from the cupboard.

Light Balsamic Tuna Salad

1 can tuna
1/2 teaspoon balsamic vinegar-- more if you like it sharper
1/2 teaspoon olive oil
touch of sweetener
sprinkle of garlic powder
1/2 small zucchini

I mixed the vinaigrette, but bottled would work too. Dice the zucchini and stir it in with the tuna. Add the vinaigrette.


This was very simple, but tasty.

I also added a wasabi mustard hard boiled egg. That is interesting if you like the flavor of wasabi. Some frozen berries and some roasted almonds rounded out the lunch.
It would be nice if the berries were fresh, but summer is coming.

Now for dinner, the hubby is grilling out some sirloin. The salad is made and the kids will get some rice as a side. Life is good.

1 comment:

Retta said...

That's a new twist on tuna for me... I'd never heard of sort of sweet n sour with tuna before (the vinegar and sweetener). Sounds like a flavor would enjoy, and oh so easy.
Thanks!
Loretta
=^..^=