companion blog to the e-book the 24/7 Low Carb Diner

Companion blog to the e-book
Available at http://www.247lowcarbdiner.com

Monday, March 1, 2010

3 Ingredient Dump--Sticky Chicky


This dump meal has been available to the devotees of Once a Month Cooking for ages. John has decided he really likes it. Christian looked at me crazy the first time he saw me mixing up peanut butter and ketchup. Sounds gross, but ends up pretty darn good. Just substitute the Heinz no sugar ketchup, and the recipe is low carb. Since the newsletter featured 3 ingredient recipes, I had to try this one out for you. This is one of several dump recipes in the newsletter. Can't get easier.

The easiest thing in the world to prep. Just mix the sauce right in a gallon freezer bag. Add the chicken tenders and mix it all up, then freeze.

Sticky Chicky Dump

1 1/2 pounds chicken tenders, frozen or fresh
3 tablespoons no sugar ketchup
3 tablespoons natural peanut butter
1 tablespoon soy sauce

Mix dump ingredients in a gallon size freezer bag. Add chicken and move the bag around until all surfaces are coated with sauce. Freeze, or let marinate for 2 or more hours. Bake thawed chicken for 20-30 minutes or until no longer pink in the thickest parts.


I think the frozen tenders I had purchased on sale had been injected with a solution. After they cooked just a few minutes, the pan was filled with a watery substance. I chose to pour this off so the sauce would stay thick. I don't think fresh, natural tenders would produce that much fluid. Live and learn.

I put all the leftovers in a small divided container and popped it in the freezer. Now John will have his own t.v. dinner some day to take for lunch. If you do the same, don't forget to add that to the freezer inventory sheet or it may get lost. Who knows what may lurk in the back of freezers?

6 comments:

Jillian said...

That looks delicious! Thanks for all the great low carb recipes you share with your readers. :)

Anonymous said...

What is the oven temperature for the recipe?

LindaSue

Lisa Marshall said...

I baked them at 350, but then I bake almost everything at 350! Twenty minutes did it for mine. More if you have thicker pieces, 40 minutes or so for bone in chicken.

Anonymous said...

Thanks, Lisa. I thought it might be 350 but I wanted to be sure. I'm going to try the recipe in a couple weeks. It looks yummy and I've already got everything on hand.

LindaSue

T2Nashville said...

I made this last night, and it's just not one of my favorites. That's not to say someone else might not really enjoy it. I just thought the taste combination was rather odd. I'll still eat the chicken - it's not so bad that I'll throw it out - but I won't make it again. Hey, not everyone can agree on every recipe! I love most all of yours!

Lisa Marshall said...

My hubby is a peanutvore. He loves anything peanut butter. That is why I chose this for him. I liked it, though not as much as the Thai peanut better recipes. I always laugh when I read the allrecipes reviews. Some love a recipe, then the next reviewer hates it. Guess we are all unique.