companion blog to the e-book the 24/7 Low Carb Diner

Companion blog to the e-book
Available at http://www.247lowcarbdiner.com

Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Greek Yogurt Dip with Fresh Herbs


I made a big batch of yogurt this week. I made some of it into "Yo'cheese" by letting it drain through coffee filters all day. Now it is as thick as sour cream and ready to make a great dip. I have some herbs growing in pots on the porch, so I braved the mosquitoes (yes, already got 'em) to clip some herbs for a really fresh tasting dip. I brought in several fat, healthy chives, a sprig of lemon thyme, and a couple leaves of lemon balm. I chopped these up, and added about five leaves of fresh spinach. After stirring these in with several large spoonfuls of yo'cheese, I chose my seasonings. I added a good sprinkle of garlic powder, a pinch of lemon pepper and one tiny drop of sweetener. I topped it off with a teaspoon of lemon juice.

For dippers, I cut some Joseph's Lavash bread into rectangles. I toasted them at 325 degrees in the toaster oven. They are done in no time! The dip is ready and very flavorful! Great for an appetizer or snack.

No comments: