companion blog to the e-book the 24/7 Low Carb Diner

Companion blog to the e-book
Available at http://www.247lowcarbdiner.com

Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Chicken Parisienne



This recipe is too simple to taste so luxurious. Grilled chicken with a sherried cream sauce. Done in no time, in fact, it is an "E.Z. Fix" meal from the e-book. Way back in college, I had a favorite restaurant in Norman named La Fayette's. Their Chicken Parisienne was so good, that years later, I have tried to duplicate it. This is pretty close. Of course, no baked potato on the side, but a salad with a simple vinaigrette is delightful. It balances the creaminess of the sauce.

Tonight, I added Creamy Squash Casserole from Linda's site. A simple saute would have been fine for me, but my boys need some cheese in order to "appreciate" squash. I realize that we have had chicken two nights in a row, but, there was that meat sale...and with big helpings of Cowboy Comfort Breakfast this morning, we were full up with beef and sausage. Fish is not a favorite with my guys, and who wants to meet those prices for a meal they pick at? So chicken it was--again!


Chicken Parisienne

4-6 boneless chicken breasts
4 ounces cream cheese
3 tablespoons cooking sherry
1 teaspoon minced garlic
1/4 cup cream or half and half

Grill chicken on an indoor grill. While that is cooking, prepare sauce. Combine remaining ingredients in a small saucepan over low heat and blend well. Spoon over grilled chicken breast.

Serves 4 282 calories 2 carbs


So, put a cloth on the table, and light a candle. We are dining Paris style tonight!

2 comments:

Jackie said...

HI lisa!

I spent a very happy day yesterday reading your blog, having come across it through Jimmy Moore's site.

I have already tried the chocolate microwave muffins, fab, and have copied out several other recipes to try.

I'm from the uk so have to adapt some of the ingredients, and of course our measuring system is different but I love your style of cooking.

You are now Bookmarked and I shall be visiting regularly!

Jackie

Lisa Marshall said...

Wonderful to meet you! Hope you are better at converting than I am.