companion blog to the e-book the 24/7 Low Carb Diner

Companion blog to the e-book
Available at http://www.247lowcarbdiner.com

Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Cookies

I just completed a marathon cookie baking session. My poor hubby can't eat any of them. I had a dilemma. Do I send the college boys low carb cookies--full of pricey ingredients-- only to have them give them all away to friends? Heaven knows, those guys will eat most anything. OR, do I make my faithful hubby suffer through the sugar cookie scent wafting through the air?

I compromised. I baked all day for the finals care packages. Lots of sugar there. I hoped to be done before he got home from work. Then, John told me he was craving Pumpkin bread. So, I did a little research and found a low carb pumpkin pound cake made with almond flour. I had just enough. So, in the middle of cookie baking, I stopped and made pumpkin cake. Not bad--not Grandma's, but not bad. He was happy and fully contented until I made a batch of red velvet cookies. Sorry honey. The finals week care package got mailed this morning, so everything should go back to normal.

By the way, the pumpkin pound cake was on Linda's site:http://genaw.com/lowcarb/pumpkin_poundcake.html

1 comment:

Peculiar Blogs said...

mmm pumpkin pound cake! I will have to keep that one for when we finally go low carb.